=?us-ascii?Q?Re=3A=20dia=200=2E97=2E1=20does=20not=20accepts=20argument=20with=20iso8859=2D2=20via=20command=20line?=

Hello Steffen,

On 08/27/2010 10:43 AM, Kaminar wrote:
I have set locales to cs_CZ.ISO8859-2 on FreeBSD 8.1 and I use
ISO8859-2 characters in my file names.
I use converting dia diagram to EPS format via command line.
But from version dia 0.97.1 when I convert diagrams to EPS,
dia gets error message and nothing converts:

$ dia -t eps filename-with-iso8859-2-characters.dia
Missing input: filename-with-iso8859-2-characters.dia

In previous versions of dia (e.g. 0.97) everithing goes fine.

Handling of commandline arguments was changed in Dia 0.97.1 in order to
allow
passing of URI-style filenames. See bug #570592 [1] for the details.
Do you have an example filename to reproduce your problem?

There are some examples of filenames which contains localized
characters form iso-8859-2. But I don't know how localized character
from my post will be looked like in mailing list.

$ dia -t eps zkušebnísouborsčeštinou.dia
Missing input: zkušebnísouborsčeštinou.dia

Another examples of filenames with localized chars:
ěščřžýáíéťďňúů.dia
jméno.dia
název.dia

If in filenames is any character from iso-8859-2 which isn't
from pure ASCII, Dia refuse this input given from cmd line.

For the time being, I see two possible workarounds for you:

* Use plain ASCII filenames that do not cause problems.

So, it is big problem for me, because I have much work in Dia and
I used it in many Makefiles, TeX sources files, etc.

* Pass URI-style filenames

I don't know exactly right syntax of URI filenames. Could you give me an
example of URI-style name for Dia, e.g. for my examples of filenames
above? I will try it with Dia.

I assume that you're able to open those files from within Dia.

Yes. Within Dia GUI everything works fine. Only little bug is with
producing EPS export through menu Export/Encapsulated Postscript
(using Pango fonts) (*.eps). In exported EPS source file at line
beginning with "%%Title:", the file name of Dia diagram is with UTF-8
coding regardless to locale settings. But it is not so important.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope it is not so horrible.

Best regards
Karel