Re: Diashapes 0.2.2 released

Le 27/08/2010 15:33, Roland Stigge a écrit :
Hi Steffen,

thanks for your thoughts!

On 08/26/2010 08:00 PM, Steffen Macke wrote:
So :
1) a dia-shapes-extra would be great, and a general
/var/lib/dia/{shapes,sheets} (possibly rsynced or foreign host
mounted) path would be greater to share shapes and sheets between users.
I've started to create a dia-additional-shapes package for those Shapes
in the Dia Shape Repository:

My biggest concern is not the way how we distribute the shapes but how
to make sure that additional shapes can manage to keep dia files using
them compatible, i.e. how to use them transparently without people
needing to synchronize with external shape repositories when getting dia
files from "friends".

True: the /var/lib/dia quoted from me would be enterprise/classroom/whatever level, as diagrams can be very specific to an entity.

But the best way not quoted here would be to have freedom to integrate
shapes into dia files then display them through svg viewports.

Freedom means : warning, you geopardize retro-compatibility with
previous dia program version, are you sure? (plus an option to not
display the warning anymore).

TH.