Re: Diashapes 0.2.2 released

Le 26/08/2010 10:24, Roland Stigge a écrit :
Hi,

On 08/25/2010 10:07 PM, Steffen Macke wrote:
http://dia-installer.de/diashapes/index.html

Nice tool - didn't know about that!
[...]
Or maybe I should do both (shipping the shapes in the distro and
providing a shape download option).
[...]
Any opinions?

1) Usual problem with dia shapes is that they aren't shipped together
with dia output files.

2) Dia upstream usually do not want to oversize dia program/distro
itself

3) Most important, users can create shapes/sheets themselves

So :
1) a dia-shapes-extra would be great, and a general /var/lib/dia/{shapes,sheets} (possibly rsynced or foreign host mounted) path would be greater to share shapes and sheets between users.

2) adding shapes as svg:g into dia files, then using viewports would
 be farether great (as an option because of compatibility problems).

3) an "export used shapes" option which would export a tar/zip like
file with same name but extension than dia output would be also great,
provided dia looks for the "shapes extension" file and offers shapes
and sheets importation together with dia file opening.

other) I apologise about my French doc translation discontinuation.
Would someone to take other for that?

HTH,
--
TH.