Re: Diashapes 0.2.2 released

Steffen

Good analytical analysis of ways to distribute new shapes for dia.
What some do not realize is that there are different needs and priorities
for adding functionality to MS-based OS versus the more UNIX-like OS
systems.  There are also different expectations for user involvement in
installing updates in MS-based OS versus the more UNIX-like OS systems.
The tool that has been provided seems to be a good middle-of-the-road
approach that is usable by all.  Major advantage from using this tool
is that users can select which set(s) of shapes they want to download and
install.  This provides much more flexibility for the user base and still helps
to keep the base dia install much smaller than it would be if it included
everything that all users might eventually need.  Dia internal capability
for building custom sheets of shapes then allows each user to make
purpose-built libraries to meet individual needs for using the program.

We do appreciate your work and support for this important software tool.
It may be that not many take time to say "THANKS", but we do appreciate
your effort.

Arv
_._