Re: Object alignment does behave as expected

Hi Jon,

On 08/12/2010 03:55 PM, Jon Oesterheld wrote:
I was working with some objects; The command organ of relay (horizontal)
and Horizontally aligned diode, and I noticed that when using the
Objects, Align, Top, Middle or Bottom the two objects are not positioned
where I would expect them to be. When using the Align, Left, Center or
Right they seem to work correctly.

I played a little with these shapes and the only "unusual" behaviour I
could detect was with the relay (horizontal) from the Electric sheet. Do
you also have problems with other shapes? If yes,
please describe them in as much detail as possible. But please do not
report shapes that work
correctly.

Unfortunately, we cannot just change the behaviour of the relay
(horizontal) shape, because that would break backwards compatibility.
But it should be possible to provide an alternative horizontal relay
that behaves the way you expect it.
For the time being - as a workaround - you can simply group a rectangle
and a line into a relay shape of your own. You can copy and paste this
group like a shape. See the Dia manual for information
about grouping and ungrouping objects. If that works out for you, you
could try to create your own
shape(s): Just follow the step-by-step instructions

http://dia-installer.de/howto/create_shape/index.html.en

I don't think you have to be a developer in order to do this.

Regards,

Steffen