RE: pasting of dia file on a MS office application

Can this email addresses as well as info healthmarketsciene com, gferrare healthmarketscience com and any other email address ending in the alias “health marketscience.com or hmsonline.com” please be removed from this list?

Thank you,

Laura

From: dia-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:dia-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Rodrigo Ferreira de Souza
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 4:57 PM
To: discussions about usage and development of dia
Subject: Re: pasting of dia file on a MS office application

ok, sorry

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Michael Ross <michael e ross gmail com> wrote:

Rodrigo,

I think it is more proper to say that YOU have no need to use screen dumps.  You presume a lot to say that I or anyone else does not.

I mentioned the method because the supplicant wanted a cut-and-paste method, not an export method.  I understand why that is attractive, there are practical complications to the export of Dia that screen dumps solve to some extent.

I have been using Dia for a long time and I find this method more efficient for my needs, particularly if I need to format the diagram for printing in other software.  Or as may be, several different formats for printing the same diagram in other software plural.

I never need printed output from Dia, and I rarely need an export of it, maybe if the diagram is to be a tranparent ovelay for Inkscape or something.  The finished product is always within some other software and the diagram is usually a small part of it.  Therefore, I prefer a true WYSIWYG.

Hitting ctrl-print screen to generate a dump for Picasa is less picks in the long run because I immediately get a photo editor, I do not have to pick a file name or a location unless I need it.  So this method is very efficient.  The same would be true if there was a Windows compliant cut and paste.

Perhaps the quality of an export is better quality, but this has not been an issue for me, and is not likely an issue for many people in this time of high resolution displays.  I can put much more onscreen and in higher resolution than I would ever care to see printed, or placed in a letter sized document.  For example a screen dump of the screen I am looking at is over 5MB.  Zoomed in to 400% this screen dump is still very legible though it is not fine lined.  I have ample capability from screen dumps and I suspect many would feel the same.

Regards,