Re: pasting of dia file on a MS office application

If I take your desire to be like the Windows Paste function, I do not believe there is direct way to do this (Crtl-C, Ctrl-V).

However you can send the screen bitmap to the clipboard by using the Print Screen button of a Windows OS PC.  This screen dump can be added to a presentation by many means.  I use Open Office, not PP, so I have assume the function is similar, but it may not be....

To add this screen dump to a slide in an OO Presentation, I Insert an OLE Object, Further Objects, Bitmap Image, in the Picture Editor that comes up I Paste the clipboard image.  The object in the presentation can then be manipulated  within the slide.

I actually use Google Picasa more often for screen captured images than the clipboard, but the clipboard is always present on a Windows OS PC.  In this case I press Ctrl-Print Screen and Picasa (if it was running previously) brings the screen bitmap directly into its Screen Capture folder in My Documents, My Pictures, Picasa.  I then use Picasa to crop or otherwise doctor the image before saving.  Then in OO Presntation I would Insert the imagea as a Picture File.  For more indepth image management I would use Inkscape or Gimp then likewise Insert the image as a Picture File.

You can of course use native functions of Dia to create output (via Export) for Insert-ion to PP as a Picture File.  I think a png format works well for this, but I again I am only able to use Open Office for testing this.  PP and OO have similarities.  I do screen dumps because they are by nature WYSIWYG; by this manner I am not surprised as I may be using the numerous export methods.

Mike