Documentation/tutorial on Python scripting?

Guys:

I'm considering using Dia as a more sophisticated schematic capture tool
than just merely drawing diagrams.  To do so, I'd need to write some
Python to export drawings to formats needed by downstream tools.

I have looked at a few of the Python examples, as well as the
documentation referenced on the Dia home page.  Are there other
resources to explain how to write Python scripts to analyze drawings,
extract shape and net information, and so on?  The existing examples are
nice, but it would be even nicer to know the full range of capabilities
available to Python scripts.

Thanks!

b.g.

--