Re: Dia export to Word

Sure, but a screen capture is easier to get the composition just so.  I use Picasa.  I hit ctrl-print screen (a high resolution image is placed in a dedicated folder), A little flyout presents itself so I can go right to the resulting image in Picasa, I crop the result or otherwise tweak it.  I can zoom to what I need in a larger diagram or back out and get the whole business. I don't think there is a way to export as png and choose only the portion I want.  Also with Picasa, I can hit the email button and up pops a composer with the image already set to go.  Type in some comments, a subject and hit send.  WYSIWYG, never any uncertain results.  Better productivity.

I do it with CAD as well.  The CAD program can save as a jpg or tiff, but it takes more messing around.  The screen capture to Picasa is the fastest method.