Re: hyperlinks

Hey Hans I just had a chat w/ our coders and they are going to meet next
Thursday to see if they take this on. If they do not, I will do this myself
in my spare time as it'll certainly be useful. I think you are absolutely
right, it would be better to put it in as a regular property for all objects
I'll take a look at prop_dict.c. My only fear with putting as a standard
property is many of my objects would have multiple links to the outside (and
ideally they may be embedded multiple links) so basically right now when I
click a particular thingy I currently have the following show up:

Below the standard dialogue box (line width and so forth)

Gene Symbols [ comma separated list of strings ]
Gene IDs [ comma separated list of integers ]
Exp Value [ comma separated list of reals ]

What I want to add is the ability to hack it so it looks like this:

Gene Symbols [ comma separated list of strings ]
Gene IDs [ comma separated list of integers ]
Exp Value [ comma separated list of reals ]
NCBI Info [ comma separated list of URLs ]
KEGG Info [ URL ]
Internal Database 1 [ comma separated list of URLs ]

I can auto fill in the what those urls actually are from the gene symbol
list..

So there need to be more than one URL per object.. Would the standard
dialogue still let me do this or would each object only have one link?

Incidentally if ext_att is depreciated what is the new notation? Will there
be a way to convert over? I think I am just using whatever dia generated at
some point and that file just gets edited by perl scripts..

-regards,
-avi