Re: Default Font and Modifying Programmed DiaObject

At 03.06.2009 20:08, Adam Chasen wrote:
I know that I can modify the default fonts by double clicking on the
object in the sheet view, but is there a way to change the application
wide default (currently sans for me)? When double-clicking to modify
it only modifies it for my local user in .dia defaults file.

The only way to modify the default font would be changing the code in lib/attributes.c. But even than this is not used "application wide", but only for objects not providing there own default.

Also, I modified the Flowchart sheet svg object .shape files to use my
color palette for fill and stroke, but there are a few elements which
are listed as "Porgrammed DiaObject" that I cannot figure out where to
modify. I would like a consistent fill and stroke color if possible.

The whole directory objects/ is full of implmentations of "Programmed Objects". If they initialize their defaults with attributes_get_background() and attributes_get_foreground() their default can be changed with the color selector in the toolbox.

But if you modified the default object specifc by double-clicking that one would be used. Delete ~/.dia/defaults.dia to get rid of all objec specific defaults.

I also had a hard time discovering the connection between the .sheet
and the .shape files. How are they connected?

Like files and directories.

This is a great program, keep up the good work. It is the best diagram
tool I have used that supports defined connection points.

Thanks ;)

        Hans