RE: Building from SVN

Hans Breuer wrote:
At 13.01.2009 04:34, Young, Robert wrote:
I've been trying to build the latest dia from SVN on Open Suse 10.1
The INSTALL file doesn't exactly reflect the current
requirements, and
I've found the following problems along the way:

Intltool >= 0.35 is required

see configure.in ;)

Objects/standard/image.c needed a #include <time.h> to compile.

Is dragged in by GLib if that is new enough (the lowest
version I'm testing is Glib-2.10.3 on Ubuntu Dapper (6.06).

gtkwrapbox (and friends) require g_slice_* functions which don't
appear in glib until version 2.10. Unfortunately this is
more difficult to fix.
I notice that both this, and the change from gtk_object_ref/sink to
g_object_ref_sink are part of the GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
work. I have
changed the code so that it will compile and run. Is there an
imperative to move to Glib 2.10?

How hard would it be for you to update to Glib-2.10 (no need
to do an update of gtk+-2.0 I think)?
That cobination is what was available for e.g. "Nokia 770
OS2006" and looks like a reasonable minimal requirement.

I'm not knowledgeable about when the different Glibs came out, but I'd
suggest that it would be good if we can keep the barrier to entry low,
at least until there's a compelling reason to move to a more recent Glib
version. I realise that the conditional code is messy, and makes for
reduced mantainability. The proposed changes are minimal at the moment,
but too many more and I'd not have proposed sticking with Glib 2.8.

Should I submit a patch for the these changes?

Comments on you patches in bugzilla.

Patches to bugs #567558 and #567559 improved.

Thanks,
Rob.

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the
jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are
requested to contact the sender and delete the email.