Re: Hotkey for Send Backwards/Bring Forwards

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 09:16 +0100, GÃnter Dannoritzer wrote:
Lars RÃder Clausen wrote:
You can add them by editing ~/.dia/menurc.  Either edit and uncomment
the appropriate lines, or just add the following:

(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/display-actions/ObjectsBringforwards"
"<Shift><Control>f")
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/display-actions/ObjectsSendbackwards"
"<Shift><Control>b")

Thanks for that help. Somehow I am having some trouble with this. I am
using Dia 0.96.1 and after adding those lines to ~/.dia/menurc, starting
Dia and ending it again, the menurc file is updated and those lines are
deleted again.

I also tried to change the order of some objects with that key
combination, but that did not work either.

Works for me...

Is there another setting I need to do in order to keep the changes in
menurc permanent?

I don't think so -- I'm having it work fine on a fresh Ubuntu 8.10 with
both Dia 0.96.1 and newest SVN. Note that the lines end up being moved
to some arbitrary place in the menurc file instead of being put at the
end again.  Might that be it, or are the shortcuts gone from Dia again?

-Lars