Re: How to break lines

It works, so it is good, I always say.

An alternative would be to create a shape to do the same.  You have the shape for a connection point (the single dot), this one would complement it nicely a crossing connection.

To tell the truth, I gave up on making custom shapes because I don't have the background necessary to do it in a timely manner. As an alternative to the palettes I create symbols out of the primitives, group them, then copy them to another DIAgram.  I use the other diagram as a palette from which I copy and paste.

I can imagine a nested group to do what you have done.  I attached an explanation.

Mike