Printing and Importing

Dia is very smart, intuitive programme and as a non-techie I've had no trouble orginating simple diagrams. A couple of simple (I trust) questions. I've tried the archive and the FAQ/Manual and I understand I CAN do some of the things below, but they don't tell me how. I need a non-technical dummie's guide please. Exactly HOW TO:

1. print a Dia diagram to the exact size I want?
2. incorporate a .doc .tif or .jpg file directly into a Dia file?
3. (if feasible) work on a .doc, .tif or .jpg file in Dia - ie change things, add and delete stuff?
4. (if possible) pin Dia to my Start menu?

many thanks.