Re: changing colour of custom shapes

Referring an ancient question for which Hans provided help:

Finally I managed to create shapes with colour editing capabilities.
As it is explained in the custom shapes document
(http://projects.gnome.org/dia/custom-shapes ) you have to use symbolic
names in order to add colour editing capabilities to the creates shapes.
I export the shapes in dia, and use a text-editor to replace the colour
code with the symbolic names:
e.g. #000000 (=black) -> foreground
#ffffff (=white) -> background

This might be a useful information which could be included in the FAQ
http://live.gnome.org/Dia/Faq#head-2bb408b1bae45e4fa80ee73d0de7f2e09f68800e
http://dia-installer.de/howto/create_shape/

What I didn't achieve yet is to combine different lines in order to
create a closed path. (Needed to gain colour editing capabilities of the
background).
I think in order to achive this I will have to tackle to *.shape file in
a texteditor.
I hope that I the sheet for power engineering will soon be ready for the
communitiy.

Thanks for the program I will keep promoting it.

waldbauernbub