Re: dia-0.97 win32/installer

At 21.04.2009 22:40, Steffen Macke wrote:
[...]
DRS
I don't think this is useful for general consumption and it stil does not
get installed on *NIX.

I agree! Removed from the installer again.

Thanks for updating the installer.

I'm still editing the ChangeLog file. However I'm ready to do
something else - if you tell me how to do it :-)

Follow the white rabbit ;) To me more exact:

IMO the commit rules of Gtk+ [1] make sense and we should follow them. It basically boils down to just have a commit message with:

 * first line giving the abstract of the change
   (for small changes this may be all there is)

 * second line is empty to separate short and long log

 * if necessary following a detailed description with references to
   single files/functions and/or the respective bugzila entry or
   mailing list thread. This is similar to what was written as the
   ChangeLog entry

See http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gtk+/tree/README.commits for more details.

The ChangeLog itself will only be updated from the commit logs during tarball creation. The final from is still undecided; I would prefer something which resembles the original ChangeLog stlye as close as possible (and may write my own script to achieve this).

But maybe the current thread on gnome-infrastructure reveals something similar enough to use for Dia. My current favorite is the proposal of Alexander Larsson [2]. Or maybe a variation of this:

git log --date=short --pretty=format:" * %ad  %an <%ae>  %t%n%n%s%n%n%b"

Thanks,
        Hans

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2009-March/msg00207.html
[2] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-infrastructure/2009-April/msg00133.html