Re: Dia LaTeX Export

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 13:12 +0200, Johannes Lohmar wrote:
Hello,
I try to use Dia 0.96.1 on OpenSuSE 10.3 to visualize program code using a
flowchart.
I'm using formulars inside the flowchart and so i want to make use of the tex
export function to print them properly.
But unfortunately I can not manage to print them properly.
For example if i write $\varphi_0$ into an textfield within Dia and then
export the flowchart to LaTeX using PGF plugin all formulars in the LaTeX
code are escaped with \ and because of that the formula is not shown
correctly.
The example string is converted to \$\ensuremath{\backslash}varphi\_0\$ in
the .tex file.
What am I doing wrong and is the a way to change this behavior?

What you're doing wrong is to assume that Dia talks to LaTeX to figure
out the size the LaTeX formulas will be after they've been rendered.
Absent that, we have to make LaTeX output exactly the text given, not
its LaTeX rendering. The way to change it is either to add a preference
or LaTeX output option for whether to escape LaTeX formulas, or (better)
make a new object that can contain LaTeX text and render it for size, or
(best) make text handling in general allow each piece of text to be
LaTeX and handled accordingly.

-Lars