Re: UML state cluster

At 31.03.2009 21:50, Sebastian Setzer wrote:
Hi,
appended to this mail is a patch for state clusters. They are like
states but you can resize them. They are intended as borders which you
can use to group states.
You can think of a transition starting at a state cluster as equivalent
to lots of transitions starting at the contained states.
Transitions ending at state clusters don't make much sense if you want a
deterministic state machine.

The source is strongly influenced by state.c and large_package.c (mostly
copy&paste...)

There is a bit too much copy&paste in it for my taste (although obscured
by whitespace changes: the tab-width should be 8, the indent stay 2).

I wonder if it wouldn't be more feasible to modify UM/state.c to optionally
act as a cluster. Wouldn't this be just some extra code in state_move_handle
and state_draw ?

        Hans