Serious Frustration With Dia

Sorry to bother you. I can see how busy all of you are. With any luck at all the solution to my problem will prove to be a simple one.

Basic system info:
  • Microsoft Windows 98 SE v4.10.2222 A
  • AMD Athlon Processor
  • 383MB RAM
  • ATI Radeon 9250
I downloaded and installed the dia Win32 Installer from SourceForge.net. It seemed to install cleanly but when I tried to run the program I received the following message:

LIBGTK - WIN32 - 2.0-0.dll linked to missing export:PrintDlgExW

After un-installing this version I tried the dia-setup-0.96.1-8.exe at the Dia For Windows website which ended the same way

Is this version of Dia the wrong one for Windows 98 SE? Do I need an older version of Dia? If so, is this something which has to be "compiled"? My knowledge of computers is very limited. What little I do know, I've learned on my own after my wife passed away ( she was the computer-savvy half of this team ) and this subject is not something I have any skill with.

Any advice, suggestions, ideas you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Chuck W