Re: cleaning up the "line_width" string constant

At 19.11.2008 07:50, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe wrote:
Hi,

Attaching a patch that converts "line_width" to
PROP_STDNAME_LINE_WIDTH etc. I had started converting such constants
to macros a long time ago, this fixes some newly introduced usage of
"line_width".

Thanks, applied.

On a related note, I was thinking of making DiaObject a derived class
of GObject. This will allow us to use the support provided by Glib for
properties, potentially removing a lot of _get() and _set() code from
Dia.
Although I thought a bit of converting DiaObject to GObject usage myself, I fail to see this particular benefit. Where is the "lot of _get() and _set() code" you think we can remove?

With that, we might possibly eliminate all these constants, since
the GObject framework has some built-in checks for property names and
types.

Would be interesting how to do this while maintaining compatibility to exisiting diagram files.

        Hans