Re: Problems exporting UML-Diagram to any format

On Tue, 6 May 2008 19:26:26 +0200, Thomas Reischl wrote
Hello there,

I'm new to Dia (using Dia for Windows 0.96.1) and have created some
UML-Class-Diagrams. So far it worked perfect.

But now I wanted to export the Diagram to include it into TeX, so i think
EPS would be best.

I very often use exported .eps files with TeX and am happy  with the results.

I have looked at yor 'example.eps'  and looks nice except that underlined text
does not looks like underlined.
 I use Dia in linux and have two ways of exporting to .eps: with "pango" or
without "pango". I would say that the one obtained with pango is right.

Please say more about what is wrong
ut all I get is chopped output. This also
happend when exporting it to SVG (after opening the result with
Inkscape there is only garbage). And for all other vector-formats I
tried (wmf, ps, pdf, dxf), and, as far as I can see, also when using
"Tex Pstrick Macros" (but I'm also new to TeX so maybe I imported
that file wrong).

I also tried to print it to PDF (using Acrobat 8 Prof) and to real
printer, this leads to a nearly usable result, but still there are
problems like underlining where there is no text and to small fonts.

The only way to export it correctly with sufficient quality I found
up to now is PNG, but this, well, mmmh, bitmap-format... But it
looks like it should and like it does in Dia.

I have created (and attached) a small example drawing and exported
it to PNG, EPS, SVG and "printed" it using Acrobat so you can see
what I mean.

Is there anything I can do to get "correct" EPS-Files?

Thanks a lot!

Thomas Reischl

Dipl.-W.Ing. Thomas Reischl
Bruch 2 - D-83404 Ainring