Re: looking for a (perl) dia user

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 10.48.13 Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
nadim khemir wrote:
Hi, last year a user complained about the dia bindings for perl. If you
recognize yourself or you recognize him, could you plase send me the
users mail address I need to discuss with him.

cheers, Nadim.

Howdy. I am not that person. But I do use Perl quite a lot, and sometimes
Dia, but so far, never together. I'm a bit curious just how that might
work, or what, exactly, I might use such a combination for.

I used dia to do things like this (monospace font advised):

             .---.  .---. .---.  .---.    .---.  .---.
    OS API   '---'  '---' '---'  '---'    '---'  '---'
               |      |     |      |        |      |
               v      v     |      v        |      v
             .------------. | .-----------. |  .-----.
             | Filesystem | | | Scheduler | |  | MMU |
             '------------' | '-----------' |  '-----'
                    |       |      |        |
                    v       |      |        v
                 .----.     |      |    .---------.
                 | IO |<----'      |    | Network |
                 '----'            |    '---------'
                    |              |         |
                    v              v         v
             .---------------------------------------.
             |                  HAL                  |

I did my drawings in Dia and converted the xml result with a little script.
Needless to say that i got tired of that very quickly (There are a few things
in dia that get on my nerves too). But tha is the past, I finally took time
to write an app that does the same thing without coversion headache
(development headache doesn't count as I bad at most everything but doing
software (maybe)).

I'll release it on CPAN for Xmas (tm) ;)

Cheers, Nadim.