Re: some quetsions about features and plugins

Am 10.06.2008 13:31, Marleine Daoud schrieb:
Dear Responsible,

I would like to develop a plugin for Dia that would explore diagrams with
the help of filtering, highlighting and searching shapes based on certain
attributes, and also another plugin for    comparing diagrams and versioning
diagrams like it is done in svn for example.

Can you please inform me if this can be possible with Dia  or not?

Given that all source code of Dia is available it certainly is possible ;-)
But serious: It depends ony you definition of "filtering, highlighting and searching shapes" if it is possible to implement with the *current* plug-in interfaces. Prototyping something e.g. with Python plug-ins for Dia work quite well for me in the last years.

If I understood your second idea right you want a "visual diff". It depends on the kind of visualization planned if this can be implemented as plug-in. One appraoch could be to create a new "difference diagram", that would be possible. Something like blending the two version of a diagram into one would require modifications of the rendering algorithms use, not possible without modifying the core.
 > Also is there a clear list with all the features currently in Dia and all
the future plans?

Not really. Basically it is like in all volunteers projects. Something gets done when somebody does it.

Regards,
        Hans