Re: PortableDIA - included in the Softpedia software database

On May 25, 2008, at 11:42 PM, Softpedia Editorial Team wrote:

Hello,

As you probably already know, PortableDIA, one of your products, is
part of Softpedia's database of software programs for the Windows
operating system. It is featured with a detailed description,
screenshots, download links and technical details on this page:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Multimedia/Graphics/Windows-Portable-Applications-PortableDIA.shtml

Please note that the above page contains a description created by our
team of experienced editors, using sources such as text from your
product's homepage, information from its help system, the PAD file (if
available) and the editor's own opinions on the program itself.

If you feel that having your product listed on Softpedia is not a
benefit for you or simply need something changed or updated, please
contact us via email at webmaster softpedia com and we will work with
you to fix any problem you may have found with the product's listing.

There's a few things: The name of it is Dia, not PortableDIA - I first thought somebody had made a version for handheld computers. The original author is indeed Alexander Larsson, but he hasn't been active on Dia for several years. The current main developer is Hans Breuer. The version you have up is several years old now, the most recent one being 0.96.1 (which itself is over a year old now, shame on me).

"PortableDIA" has been tested in the Softpedia labs using several
industry-leading security solutions and found to be completely clean of
adware/spyware components.
We are impressed with the quality of your product and encourage you to
keep these high standards in the future.

To assure our visitors that "PortableDIA" is clean, we have granted it
with the "100% FREE" Softpedia award. Moreover, to let your users know
about this certification, you may display this award on your website, on
software boxes or inside your product.

Thank you, though given that the sources are out there, I don't think this will come a much of a surprise to anybody:)

-Lars