Re: How to consistently handle custom shapes line_width?

[ccing the list again]
Am 25.07.2008 18:41, loli schrieb:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:50:28 +0200, Hans Breuer wrote
Am 24.07.2008 07:26, loli schrieb:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:01:04 +0200, Hans Breuer wrote
[...]
[...]
Yes, the initial "border_width" is indeed taken from the line width control in the toolbox. But I did not notice yet it is double- clickable as well ;-) I've always choosen my defaults from the predefined 0 .. 0.2 with a single click on one of the lines.

I have just realized that border width affects custom shapes. (Thank you for
yor explanations). So, I like your expressed idea in your previous e-mail .

Unfortunately that idea has issues itself, e.g. a bunch of shape files (maybe ~200) probably need adaption to the new definition. And that may change the visual appearance of old diagrams depending on which line width was choosen for them.

But may be it would be better that both those dialogs had same items.  (I don'
know whether this is very difficult to program)
For the common cases it would be easy to implement (just changing some PROP_FLAG_NO_DEFAULTS/PROP_FLAG_STANDARD), but to me the resulting behaviour does not look desirable. Currently the "standard" properties are not listed/modified in/by the defaults dialog. If they would the controls on the toolbox would become unused for every object with defaults set by the dialog.

The special controls on the tool bos would still be useful for Predetermined
properties of Standard Objects  and to provide defaults for not choosen proprties

There is no differentiation on the objects level, i.e. the standard objects (STandard - Line, * - Box, ...) are not handled differently from the other objects (e.g. UML - *). It is standard properties (line width, line color, background color) we are talking about.