Dia for Windows version numbers

On Windows XP Pro SP2:

In Dia, when I click Help ==> About I get "Dia 0.96.1"

Using the command line "dia.exe --version" I get "Dia version 0.96.1, compiled 23:07:11 Jun 24 2007"

However the releases of dia come out as a dash release:

dia-setup-0.96.1-3.exe
dia-setup-0.96.1-4.exe
dia-setup-0.96.1-5.exe
dia-setup-0.96.1-6.exe
dia-setup-0.96.1-7.exe
dia-setup-0.96.1-8.exe

So there is no obvious way of knowing what dash version one has installed.

Is there another way of finding this other than checking which file you have downloaded or can this meta data be added to the About dialog?