Now look what you made me do

So all this talk about delete key make me think more about how edit mode
would happen, and eventually I sat down and did the first essentials.
The current SVN uses edit mode, entering it automatically when an object
with text is created or on Enter or F2, and exiting on deselecting the
object or Escape.  It doesn't fix the menus or anything, but I'm piling
up remaining tasks on
<URL:http://live.gnome.org/Dia/CurrentDevelopment>.

I should have more time next weekend to look at this and bugs, hopefully
getting moving towards a release.  I'll stop work on the new group
system for now.

-Lars