Re: Patch for Delete key behavior (for dia-0.96.1)

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 23:51 -0400, Michael Ross wrote:
I just loaded up .96-7 and it is not doing GUI stufff well at all.

You mean just keyboard shortcuts or more than that?

I see that a lot of the shortcuts are now listed as Shift+Control
+Whatever  very few actually work, it would be easier to list the few
that do work.  An odd selection of the old combinations work, I didn't
do a comprehensive study.

The reason they're now shift-control is that we're trying to avoid the
various mappings that are used as part of different input methods --
another reason why a specific text edit mode would help.  I don't even
have a comprehensive list of what mappings are used by input methods.

Because that is not a practical one handed shortcut, I will not likely
use it and be forced to operate with a mouse (hard on the ulnar
nerve).  About the only practical three key combination for my left
hand is Shift+Control+Whatever.  I can reach about to Shift+Control+B
and that is all.

I am really going to need how to tweak the menu system myself the way
new releases of Dia are headed.  Can someone direct me to where in the
code is the Shift+Alt+Etc business?

It's in app/menus.c.

I tried looking in the menurc and editing that, but I like Ondrej
could not get anything to work (that was in .94).  There must be more
to it.  Also there were no entries at all ion menurc with the word "
<Actions>/display-actions/" as in:

Change:
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/display-actions/EditDelete" "Delete")

To:
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/display-actions/EditDelete"
"<Control>Delete")

Should I be adding them?

If not in menurc then where would those be?

That should be in ~/.dia/menurc, yes.  But please do it in recent code.

And am I supposed to use the ; or not?

The ; should go away.  Its presence turns the line into a comment, as in
Lisp.

-Lars