Re: Now look what you made me do

On 10/2/07, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:

Sounds like a good idea.  Undoing each character at a time is a bother.
However, I think the change should be of the entire editing of one
object rather than everything edited in edit mode, since you can tab
between objects without leaving edit mode.  It should be possible to
hack the stack when ending edit for an object to collapse all edit into
a simple text change.

Didn't know that the tabbing to a different object is meant to work
only when multiple objects are selected. This is way too cool, and
quite different from the case where only one object is selected when
entering edit mode. In that case, edit mode exits when clicking on any
other unselected object, which does not cause any surprise.

That totally answers all those doubts I raised without doing my homework!

I am still interested to know how undo events are to be collapsed,
though ... will there be a single event for the entire mode,
containing all selected objects, or one per object? The latter makes
more sense. Another possibility is to extend the former, with the
local undo stack retained inside the change object. So undo re-enters
edit mode, and begins where the user left previously.

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, Department of CSE, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/