Re: 0.96(pre-9): Export misaligned/damaged on Windows

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 10:11 +0200, Christian Muenscher wrote:
Hi Lars!

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 13:01 +0200, Christian Muenscher wrote:
Again on 0.96(pre-9), which doesn't seem to really differ from the
just released final. Windows XP SP2 german. With 0.96-pre9 I tried to
export some diagrams created with 0.95-1 to EPS - Ghostscript and
Irfanview (does it rely on gs?) are unable to display the files due to
an error. Exporting to e.g. PNG or EMF or just printing results in
sometimes slightly misaligned fonts or text flowing right over shape
boundaries.
Is that a problem of the new release, or just a problem with my "old"
files? If the latter - how can I "fix" my files?

I cannot reproduce that on Linux.  If you could post one of your files,
we can take a look.  It doesn't look overflowing in the diagram?  Also,
could you post the EPS output?

Attached in a zip one of the dia-files originally created with 0.95-1,
the EPS-Output of 0.96-pre9 and the PDF-Output printed via FreePDF
(Ghostscript)... PNG (without pixbuf) looks ok, sorry. PNG with pixbuf
is way too small, absolutely unusable ;/ Everything on WinXP SP2
German - I don't have access to a Linux-box right now, sorry, no
testing on Linux possible atm.

So the PNG text size is fine, both with libart and pixbuf (pixbuf just
doesn't allow setting the overall image size).  Pango-based EPS output
is just fine (no big surprise), but the Latin-1 based one is indeed
broken, not just misaligned.  Can't really say anything about the EMF.
I'll attach your files to a bug report.

-Lars