Re: implenting signals for the widgets in widgets.c

On 3/2/07, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe <sameerds gmail com> wrote:

Turns out that the delay was useful after all. I had a second look at
my work and it turns out that the patch does not work for arrow
selectors. The dynamic menu is more complicated than I thought it was.
Apologies for jumping the gun, but I need to work on it a bit more!

Posting a revised patch with this mail. The problem I noticed with
arrow selectors simply "disappeared". When running the compiled binary
using run_dia.sh, the arrow selector was behaving rather strangely ...
specifically the part that sets the sensitivity of the size-box. The
sensitivity was being set, based on the type of arrow /previously/
selected instead of the current one. But this seems to have
disappeared when I tried again today morning. The only thing I can
suspect is that I had not properly run make from the top-level
earlier.

The revised patch is actually smaller, containing _only_ the stuff
that is directly affected after replacing the "activate_func" callback
in the dynamic menu, with the new "changed" signal.

Also fixed a couple of memory leaks where the earlier patch did not
free the string returned by dia_dynamic_menu_get_entry().

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/