Re: Metapost - text alignment

On 1/29/07, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:
> Let me know if you have any questions,

I do:  Why does it do this:

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.5.4)
(test.mp (Diagram1.mp [1]
! A group begun on line 6 never ended.
<to be read again>
                   end
l.344 end
         ;
?

I installed the emp package, then ran

  latex test.tex && mpost -tex=latex test.mp && latex test.tex

with the UML-demo diagram exported to Diagram1.mp.  Curiously, line 6 is
an empty line.

That is the error I was referring to.  It is harmless.  I think it
appears on line 6 of test.mp (not of Diagram1.mp).

Using the embedded metapost (emp) package, I start a running \empfile
to collect multiple metapost figures into the test.mp.  I do not ever
close out this file.  MetaPost complains, but it seems to be harmless.

The error is not with the MetaPost, but with the way I embed it in LaTeX.

Sorry about that, if you figure out how to fix it, I'm all ears.

             Rob