Re: Metapost - text alignment

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 07:51 -0800, Rob McDonald wrote:
I don't remember the exact details of the fix, but I've posted on it
before.  Search the archives for messages from me, or if you can't
find it, ask me and I'll look it up.

I take it you're thinking of
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2006-February/msg00114.html>.
Could you extend the example with something that sets the width of the
text?  With draw_textline, that is available for free and is essential
for correct rendering.

That is the thread I was remembering.  There were some red herrings
which preceded it due to my confusion.

In MetaPost, LaTeX renders the text, and I don't think MP ever 'knows'
or 'controls' the text width.  The text width is a fallout from the
font size and the string.

Can't we tell the LaTeX part to scale it to a certain width?

-Lars