Re: Configure dia systemwide

Can't you use skeleton files (/etc/skel)?

2007/12/12, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>:

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 11:28 +0100, schoenfeld / in-medias-res wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for our developer systems I try to set a configuration option for dia
> systemwide. But I found no global configuration file for dia, that would
> enable me to do so. Also it does not seem as if dia would use gconf for
> its configurations, therefore adding/changing gconf defaults seems not
> to be an option aswell. Is there any chance to do what I need without
> recompiling dia with customized defaults? The dia version in Debian Etch
> (which is used on the systems):

You are right that there is no global configuration file.  The
preferences are stored in the ~/.dia/persistence file, maybe you can
make that be a symlink to your standard setup?  I'd think the individual
changes of users would overwrite that, then, of course that means you
can't change the defaults later.

-Lars