Re: Configure dia systemwide

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 11:28 +0100, schoenfeld / in-medias-res wrote:
Hi,

for our developer systems I try to set a configuration option for dia
systemwide. But I found no global configuration file for dia, that would
enable me to do so. Also it does not seem as if dia would use gconf for
its configurations, therefore adding/changing gconf defaults seems not
to be an option aswell. Is there any chance to do what I need without
recompiling dia with customized defaults? The dia version in Debian Etch
(which is used on the systems):

You are right that there is no global configuration file.  The
preferences are stored in the ~/.dia/persistence file, maybe you can
make that be a symlink to your standard setup?  I'd think the individual
changes of users would overwrite that, then, of course that means you
can't change the defaults later.

-Lars