From: dia-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:dia-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Mark Dexter
Sent: mercredi 1 août 2007 15:38
To: discussions about usage and development of dia
Subject: Re: Ugly print result on Windows

Hi Lars. I have experienced a similar result on my XP machine. I have found
that exporting to PNG and then printing gives very good results. Hope this
helps. Mark Dexter

On 8/1/07, Lars Ruoff <lars ruoff alcatel-lucent fr> wrote:

        Hello List,

        I have given Dia/Win32 a try several times now since a couple of
years with
        several versions.
        I'm currently using the latest 0.96.1-7 on Windows XP SP2.
        The problem with Dia in all this verisons is: When i print out
diagrams, the
        result is ugly and very different from the on-screen layout. Text
flows over
        box boundaries, lines don't start at exact boundaries as they were
        positioned in the diagam etc.
        I suppose this is a known issue (i wasn't in the mood to register on
        Bugzilla to verify that).
        Maybe it's only a Windows issue? Maybe a GTK issue?
        What i wonder is why this bug stays open for a such long period of
time?
        The whole program is rather useless when you cannot print out
diagrams
        corretly.
        Don't get me wrong, but this limitation really sucks!
        It's the only thing that keeps me off from using Dia more seriously.
        Please put the fixing of this thing to higher priority.

        Best regards,
        Lars Ruoff