Re: New Dia for Windows installer: 0.96.1-2

Hi,

I don't think that makes much sense, especially since GTK delevops on
after a Dia release. The Gimp way is just fine, saying on the webpage
that first GTK is needed, and then as second Dia itself.

Some users just get confused if they have to install two things. This
is why we have
two versions of the installer now. You can choose the version you
like. Also the next
GIMP installer will include GTK, if I understood Jernej correctly.

I also wonder what happens if a newer Gimp version with newer GTK
components come out, might this installer render gimp unusable since it
includes an older GTK (not tested, just thinking)?

In general, such upgrades should work just fine. But the devil is in
the details.

Regards,

Steffen