Re: New Dia for Windows installer: 0.96.1-2

From: "Steffen Macke" <sdteffen gmail com>
Subject: Re: New Dia for Windows installer: 0.96.1-2

Hello All,

I've another installer I would like to get some feedback for:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/dia-installer/dia-setup-0.96.1-3.exe

This one includes GTK 2.10, but is otherwise the same as the 0.96.1-2 version.
There is no need to install GTK+ before running the installer.
I don't think that makes much sense, especially since GTK delevops on after a Dia release. The Gimp way is just fine, saying on the webpage that first GTK is needed, and then as second Dia itself. I also wonder what happens if a newer Gimp version with newer GTK components come out, might this installer render gimp unusable since it includes an older GTK (not tested, just thinking)?

regards,

Joachim