Re: font problem with the dia export in eps

Hello,

I have Dia 0.95-1 (german) on my Win XP computer and I can observe the same issue as Renaud, i.e. there's only the possibility to choose .eps with "Pango-Latin-1" in export window. I appended a screenshot to proove it. Don't mind the german text, only have a look at the file extensions in parentheses. I can only find one single .eps entry... If anybody can see the .eps export with PostScript fonts (it would be "PostScript Schriften" in german), I think I've to consult my oculist ;-)

Best regards

Thorsten

Grégoire Dooms schrieb:
Dear Renaud,

In the export window you can chose the export format in a drop-down menu. There is one entry for eps with latin-1 postscript fonts and another entry for eps with pango fonts.

Hope this answers your question; see you on monday.
--
Greg

dia-list-request gnome org wrote:
Dear list, I am using DIA for diagram drawing for insertion into a huge report (my thesis actually). The procedure I follow is: 1: draw the stuff with Dia
2: export in .eps
3: include with the \includegraphics command. The point is that when I do this, the text size is somewhat off. This is mentionned in the FaQ under the section: "How do I make Dia use PostScript fonts instead of Pango rendering? "

It seems that dia always select Postscript fonts, which are "slightly
off" and cause the problem I have. So I ask the reverse question, "How do I make Dia use Pango rendering instead of PostScript fonts?"

There is only one export filter in my version of Dia, that is the -latin-1
one. My version of Dia is 0.95-1.
--
Renaud De Landtsheer