Re: Can't open compressed file

Yah, renaming it doesn't work (tried anyways even though the -S forces it like
you said).  Thing about gzip encrypting it is that i'd imagine that since it's
on the same machine, gzip would automatically decrypt it if the default was to
encrypt it (I don't even think gzip has an encrypt option).  I was thinking
maybe libxml2 was encrypting it somehow but I really don't know enough about
libxml2 to debug that.  I tried looking through the dia source for anything
about encryption but didn't find anything and i half heartedly took a look
through the libxml2 headers for anything about encryption but had no luck there
either.  Also took a look through the dia code for anything about ssl but
couldn't find anything.  I've kind of come to the conclusion that it is some
library thats encrypting by default.