Re: Can't open compressed file

Is this just a missing extension/file naming problem?
Maybe renaming log_backup.dia to log_backup.dia.gz would help
Cheers,
        Len
On 03/11/2006, at 4:43 PM, Lars Clausen wrote:

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 10:45 -0800, Eric wrote:
I've saved a dia file using the 'Compress diagram files' options but, once saved
I can't reopen them.  I get the following error:

Error loading diagram /home/user/log_backup.dia.
Unknown file type.

If I save the file without the compression option I can open them fine. Running
file on the file I get the following file type:
$ file log_backup.dia
log_backup.dia: gzip compressed data, ASCII, extra field, encrypted

if I try to gunzip the file, I get
$ gunzip -S .dia log_backup.dia
gunzip: log_backup.dia is encrypted -- not supported

So apparently the file is encrypted but I don't see anything in the
documentation about encryption. Anyone have any ideas? I'm running Dia 0.95-1
and I'm saving/opening using the same version.

Can't reproduce it from that description.  What system are you running
this on?  Anything special about the file system?  Can you attach an
example of such an ununzippable file?

-Lars