Re: Why is Dia not mapped to .dia-extension in Windows?

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Steffen Macke wrote:

My installation of Dia 0.95-1 did not map itself to the extension .dia,
nor did it do so on another Windows machine I installed it to.

Are you using the same user account for running dia as for the
installation? Does this user have administrator rights?

Yes and yes. The system is Windows XP, SP2.

The Windows operating system makes it very easy for you to recover lost
file associations. Just use "Open With" from the Explorer context menu,
choose dia and check "Always use this program..."

I've tried this and it doesn't help... ???  Is there some registry setting
I can check to see.

Oh, the icon shown for .dia-files doesn't seem to be Dia specific either.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot it further?

/Christian