Re: nudge an object?

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 10:22 -0700, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2006 01:08:20 -0700, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:

If you move a line that is connected to something, the connections >
will be broken.

If it is a direct line, yes, just like the mouse does.

If it is a zigzagline, it depends on what segment the user moves, just
like the mouse does.

I see no good way to nudge a segment, since there's no way to select
less than a whole object.

It could not be a selection, since you can't copy and paste a segment
alone. How about More like a "last clicked part of the selection".

Thing is, that's not information we're storing.  We'd have to keep that,
too, then.

I can adjust segments, so I guess mouse routines currently allow
it.

Yes, by grabbing a handle.  But with nudging, no

unless the object they're connected to also moves.

Nah. I would chose the object --instead of its lines-- if I'd like
to move it.

If the object alone is selected, yes, but if both the object and the
line is selected, they should be moved together and stay connected,
while if the line alone is moved, the connections should be broken.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get a good nudge in, but it's not as
trivial as I hoped at first.

-Lars