Re: nudge an object?

On Fri, 19 May 2006 11:32:34 -0700, Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> wrote:

>>> Is it possible to nudge an object with the up/down/left/right arrows?
>
>> I vote for that.
>
> Yes, pretty please. (I know two other drawing programs where the arrow > keys move things rather than scroll - I find that much more intuitive).

if (!object_is_selected)
   scroll();
else
   nudge_selected_objects();

A little simplified, I'm afraid, but I like the basic idea.  Took a
short look at it, and there's somewhat more work to it than that, for
one thing child objects should behave correctly, for another we may or
may not want to break connections, depending on what we're moving.  A
patch would be welcome, though.

I guess connections should not be broken, just like if they were moved with
the mouse.

--
Ing. Octavio Alvarez Piza