Performance

I'm experiencing very poor performance in Dia. I'm using the version in Ubuntu Breezy (0.94).

I'm running on an Opteron 250 with 4 GB RAM and a high-end nVidia graphics card (using nVidia binary drivers; working fine in all other applications). I have a flowchart with less than 20 process boxes and about the same number of simple straight lines.

The performance is absolutely awful. The CPU runs to 100% just moving boxes around. If I zoom in real close the performance is OK but viewing the whole diagram makes it run like a snail. Just clicking an highlighting a box takes a second or two at 100% CPU.

Is it just me or is Dia not that useful with this kind of performance?