Room diagrams

My daughter is an event planner for a theater. She has to draw diagrams for events, showing where tables, chairs, lecterns, flowers, etc etc are to be placed. She asked me for a tool she could use, as up to now she has been using MS Paint (the only graphic tool on her PC.)

I immediately thought of Dia, but after discussing with her, realized it's probably not the best tool. She needs to build templates showing the fixed features of 3 rooms (doorways, windows, a stage) and then easily place and rotate items inside those templates. On a Windows PC.

Open source would be best, but any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks-

Jim Clark
UNIX/Intel & Storage, LVKH
Lenexa, Kansas