dia file format

Hi!

I'm considering DIA for UML graphical display/manipulation of source code models. Is there any resource that explains in reasonable detail the .dia file format?

I am aware it is compressed XML But I haven't found any resource that explains the XML structure for a regular UML class, for instance. Am I supposed to "reverse engineer" it, creating examples with DIA itself? It's probably not that difficult to do, just wondering if I was missing something.

Thank you for your time,

Tiago Maduro Dias.