Re: Using MetaPost output in pdflatex...

Rob McDonald wrote:

either pstricks, but this one does not work directly with pdflatex. You
would have to do it in the traditional way: tex->dvi->ps->pdf

I've worked with pstricks in the past, and I'd like to avoid it if I can.
(:  I think I'd be able to get away with *.eps before going to that.
sure, I also think pstricks is a hack and some pain in the ass, since it can't be previewed in dvi. pgf seems to be implemented more neatly into basic latex. However I don't understand well how latex works, so I'm careful.

or PGF, this is also a package for latex (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgf/ ), and works well with pdflatex.

not everything from dia exports perfectly, but you might be luckier than
with MetaPost.

I don't see a *.pgf export option in Dia.  How do you make that one work
with Dia?  Or do you just code up the diagrams manually?
it is: "file type": "LaTeX PGF macros (*.tex)"
but maybe it is not yet compiled into your version. However the pgf output plug-in is in the CVS-tree or in the last snapshots at http://raeder.dk:81/~larsrc/Dia/snapshots/dia-CVS-20060120-0400.tar.gz and you can recompile it yourself.

Moritz