Creating new shapes: Possible Bug? Or my fault?

Hello,

I've created some new shapes, and added them to a new sheet. But when I use them in a diagram, Some of the components of the shapes seem to be conected to a corner of the shape by extra lines.

One possible clue is that some of my simpler shapes don't exhibit this problem. One difference observed is: in making the more complicated shapes, I duplicated objects like boxes and circles, while my simpler shapes without the problem are just a couple of polygons or polylines without any duplicates? I haven't specifically tested this hypothesis, merely observed it.

Diagram showing the problem:
 http://www.activmedia.com/~reed/MaybeBug.png
 http://www.activmedia.com/~reed/MaybeBug.dia

The shapes are: